Sunday, October 10, 2010

Friday, October 8, 2010 pm

Friday, October 8, 2010 pm, Sunset: 6:35 p.m. Hunting closes: 7:05 Temp: 78 degrees, Wind: N-NE 10-12 mph. Mostly sunny. Things have worked out to perfection. Bubba got out of work early on Friday, so we were able to get out of Cannon Falls early. We left home about 2:00 and got to Romance by 4:15. I showed Bubba around the house and got him comfortable, so I could get out and hunt. We are going to the Bager vs. Gophers football game tomorrow in Madison, so I won't be able to hunt in the morning. I am hoping it is a blowout for Bucky, so I can get back in time for the Saturday evening hunt. After showering, I was able to get settled into Octopussy by 5:05. It is a little warm, but the wind direction is perfect for this stand. I hope that one of the big boys show up. At 6:35, I hit my rattling bag a few times and two deer came off the hill to the north of me. They stayed in the brush to the NW of me. The ended up in the little strips of corn to the west. I think that they were both does. One of them must have gotten wind of me as it blew a warning call and ran back up the hill to the north. At 6:50, I could hear some deer running around to the north of me, but they were to far up the hill to see what they were. Totals: Bob - 2 deer, 2 ?'s.

No comments: