Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thursday, October 21, 2010 am

Thursday, October 21, 2010 am, Sunrise: 7:38 a.m. Opener: 7:08. Temp: 37 degrees, Wind: 5-10 W-NW mph. Mostly clear. It was a beautiful clear night and I was excited to get to my stand this morning. I decided to bring Harry (my buck decoy) along for the first time. Before first light, on my was in there seemed to be deer running everywhere. On my way down the hill behind the house, I kicked up a deer to the south of me. I took parallel road (north) and on my way up the hill to the stand I kicked a deer up off to my right to the east of me. It ran down towards the food plot. I put Harry up to the NW of me about 15 yards away and on the trail facing me. I climbed up in my stand and before I could attach my safety harness, I had a deer come right towards me from the north. I am sure that he saw Harry, but it decided to head down towards the food plot. I was all settled in by 6:50. At 7:35, I looked to the south east and saw a doe in the middle of the food plot to the SE of the Stump. It walked on the trail to the north then came back underneath the stump to the west towards me. They ended up on the main trail about 50 yards to the east of me. They then walked across the food plot and over by the Stump again. At 7:50, I saw some movement in the food plot to the SE of me. A little 7 pointer came running out to scent check the does. They wanted nothing to do with this guy, so they ran to the other side of the food plot. He didn't seem to mind too bad as he stayed and fed in the food plot for 20-30 minutes. (see video)At 8:30, I heard something behind me to the NW. I looked over my shoulder and in the valley I saw 2 does. Just then, I heard a twig snap in front of me. I turned around and there was 3 small bucks on the trail 10 yards from me. They all came over and smelled and said hi to Harry. It was hilarious. I got some great video of all three of them. (see attached)They studied and smelled the decoy before they slowly worked there way up the hill to the west. I got down at 9:00 to check all the cameras. Totals: Bob- 8 deer, 4 does, and 4 bucks.

No comments: