Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday, October 10, 2010 am

Sunday, October 10, 2010 am, Sunrise: 7:11 a.m. Opener: 6:41. Temp: 54 degrees, Wind: E 1 mph. Mostly sunny. After a good nights rest, I am back at it. A perfect wind put me back in Octopussy. On my way in, I kicked a deer up to the NE of the stand. Nevertheless, I was settled in by 6:30. At 8:05, I heard a deer running around up to the NE. After a few minutes, it came running down the hill from the east and almost ran underneath my stand. A minute or two later, two more does came off the hill to the north of me. One of the big does stopped at about 15 yards and went on high alert. She ended up spooking back up the hill to the NE. A couple of minutes later, I heard something behind me an to the west. It was a flock of turkeys. There were 5-6 jakes and small tom's in the group. I think this is what spooked the deer back up the hill. The turkeys too fed up the hill to the NW. Totals: Bob - 3 deer, 3 does.

No comments: