Monday, November 1, 2010

Sunday, October 31, 2010 pm


Sunday, October 31, 2010 pm, Sunset: 6:03 p.m. Hunting closes: 6:33 Temp: 48 degrees, Wind: S-SE 3-5mph. Mostly sunny. Heidi and I got out tonight. There was some chain sawing going on to the south of me, so I decided that Heidi should sit in the ladder and I went with Harry down to Border Patrol. We were both all settled in by 3:50. At 5:45, I saw a deer up on the hill to the SE of me. It was back in the brush so I don't know what it was. At 6:15, Heidi texted me that she saw a doe and a small 6-7 point buck come through. The buck was chasing the doe and came from down by the Ridgeback stand. The doe took off, but the buck came through very close and actually got his picture taken by the trail camera (see attached). This was Heidi's first close encounter with a buck. She thought that it was pretty exciting even though he was not a shooter. Legally she could have shot him as you can see from the picture he is a 7 pointer. Nevertheless, he really does need another year or two. At 6:20, Heidi heard a car stop on the road to the west of her. She turned around and saw 3 does in Arlies field. Totals: Bob - 1 deer, 1?; Heidi - 5 deer, 4 does, 1 buck

No comments: