Monday, October 4, 2010

Sunday, October 3, 2010 am

Sunday, October 3, 2010 am, Sunrise: 7:13 a.m. Opener: 6:43. Temp: 30 degrees, Wind: S 5-10 mph. Mostly sunny. Well, it was not a good start to the morning. I woke up at 5:30 this morning on my own, when my "internal" alarm clock went off. I looked at my alarm clock and it was off. Thankfully, I was wearing my watch, so I knew it was time to get up. The power was off to the entire house and even the pole shed. Before we left to go hunting, I called the electric company to come out and fix. It sucked as I was not able to make breakfast or even shower before the hunt. Heidi again decided to take the morning hunt off. Taylor went up the Right Field and I decided to give Arlie's Nob a try. On my way in, I kicked up some deer over to the west of the ladder stand as well as some over by the Ridgeback. On my way in, I think that I stepped on every stick in the woods. Nevertheless, I was settled in to my stand by 6:20. When first light came, Taylor texted me to tell me that half of the neighbor's beans had been picked. In my opinion, I think that is a good thing. In the past, I have had deer pour into fields and eat whatever the farmer missed. At 7:20, I looked to the west and there were five does coming down the road towards me. As I stood up and was turning to get a shot the stand started to creak. I was so pissed. The deer were still 40 yards away but now on high alert. They ended up spooking and circling to the south over by the X stand and then down towards the point. Because of the squeaky stand, I decided that i should get down and move over to the Fishbowl. Nothing, but at least it was quiet. Totals: Bob - 5 deer, 5 does, Taylor - 0 deer

No comments: