Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday, October 22, 2010 PM

Friday, October 22, 2010 pm, Sunset: 6:14 p.m. Hunting closes: 6:44 Temp: 58 degrees, Wind: W-SW 5-10mph. Mostly sunny. Were back at it again tonight. Taylor is in Octopussy and I went back to Everest. Taylor was all situated by 3:15, and I was all set up by 3:30. I was able to steal some white feathers from my fly tying kit and tied them to Harry's ears and tail to make him appear more life-like. I hope it helps bring in one of the big boys for a closer look. We will have to wait and see. It didn't take long. At 3:45, I had a huge 8-10 point come down of the hill to the north of me chasing a doe. He got to about 80 yards but he just wouldn't come any closer. I did get a quick bit of video through the brush. I tried to grunt to see if I could get him to come in but he was more interested in his girlfriend. He disappeared up the hill to the north of me. Shit! Well it started off hot, but that was it. Totals: Bob- 2 deer, 1 buck, 1 doe; Taylor - 0 deer.

No comments: