Monday, October 11, 2010

Sunday, October 10, 2010 pm

Sunday, October 10, 2010 pm, Sunset: 6:38 p.m. Hunting closes: 7:08 Temp: 82 degrees, Wind: N 0-2 mph. Partly cloudy. Humid. It is downright hot. I am not really interested in shooting something tonight as it will be tough to cool the meat off. I decided to give the VAT a try and Taylor went over to the Apple Tree. We both saw deer on the way into the stand. I had a doe that was bedded on the other side of the creek to the south. As I was climbing in my stand, she spooked and ran up the hill to the SE. Taylor had a small buck that was bedded to the east of him and ran off towards Spaghetti Junction. We were both settled in by 4:55. At 6:40, Taylor texted me and said that the was a small spike in the bean field to the south east of the stump. It was pretty far away, but he did get some video. At 6:50, he heard some deer below him running around him in the creek bottom to the east. At 6:55, I saw a doe in the sugar shack food plot. It was close to 100 yards away. At 7:00, I saw another doe in the same food plot. At the same time, Taylor saw another deer in the food plot. It was too dark and far away to see what it was. Totals: Bob - 2 deer, 2 doe; Taylor - 2 deer, 1 buck and 1 ?.

No comments: