Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday, October 1, 2010 am, Sunrise: 7:11 a.m. Opener: 6:41. Temp: 44 degrees, Wind: S 3 mph. Mostly sunny. It feels great to be out again for a morning hunt. I just love the morning hunts, because you know if you shoot one you have daylight to find it and all day to look for it. With the wind from the south, I decided to try my luck in Right Field. I was all set up and in position by 6:20. It was a perfect morning. At 6:50, a doe and fawn came out into the beans to feed about 80 yards to the south east of me. They both fed for about 10 minutes, than they disappeared into the woods to the east. At 8:00, I had to dial into a conference call for work. I brought an ear piece, called in, and put it on mute. It was kind of annoying, but at least I was able to stay out and hunt. At 8:25, I looked out across the bean field to the SW and there was a doe that had fed out into the bean field. She was about 325 yards away. That was it. Totals: Bob - 3 deer, 3 does.

No comments: