Sunday, October 24, 2010

8 Pointer/ Saturday October 23rd, 2010 PM/ Wisconsin

Picture of Taylor's Buck that he shot. He is the one in the background.


8 Pointer/ Saturday October 23rd, 2010 PM/ Wisconsin




This was my first year hunting in Wisconsin and like Bob had said, the action was a little slower than in Minnesota. We started at Romance Friday and moved down to Copper Creek Saturday.



Bob had a hockey game so he took off for Minnesota while I went out hunting. I sat in a stand called "Rock Out". Bob has a camera there and there have been some nice bucks on that camera! I was in the stand by just before 3pm. On my way in I set out some scent bombs that led up to "Stubby", the buck decoy. I hadn't seen a single thing until 6pm when I heard a crash to my right and I noticed a buck heading down the hill and angling away from me. I wanted him to come my way so I could get a good look at him so I grunted a couple times. He stopped, then kept going. So I grunted two more times and he kind of slowed to a slow walk and was looking in my direction so I grunted two more times and he turned and started my way. He was heading right in the direction of Stubby. He got to 20 yards and stopped about 2 feet shy of Bob's trail camera. I knew he wasn't a monster buck, but with only a little bit of light and only one more hunt the next morning I decided to take what I was given! I was very glad I did as he is a great 8 point buck.



The video is not the best and I didn't get any video after as my first shot spined him and paralized his back side. So I grabbed another arrow and shot him again to put him down for good. I think I shot a little high because the stand is a long ways up and I don't think I turned my shoulders enough.



I want to thank Bob and his parents for the great time in Wisconsin! It was truely one to remember for a lifetime!



FawnSlayer Out!
















2 comments: