Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 pm




Wednesday, September 29, 2010 pm, Sunset: 7:06 p.m. Hunting closes: 7:36 Temp: 74 degrees but cooled of 60, Wind: NW 15-18 mph. Mostly sunny. Flying solo again tonight. Taylor has to teach and Heidi is at her POA meeting for work. With the wind from the NW, I decided to give the VAT a shot. I was all settled in for the evening hunt by 5:05. At 6:10, I had three big does come down the main trail to the west. They slowly worked their way down into the food plot. One was particularly skittish, but once the other does were out in front eating, she settled down and joined them at the "dinner table." I wish Heidi had been here, as it would have been an easy shot of about 10 yards. I bought a doe tag this afternoon and I plan on practicing QDM and shooting a doe. However, I have to get up at 4:30 tomorrow morning to fly to Sioux Falls, so I didn't want to have to deal with that tonight. Any of the three of them would have been nice mature doe to take. There is still plenty of time over the next few weeks to whack a doe. They took their time feeding through the VAT food plot, through the neck, and into the Sugar Shack food plot. That was it. I decided to add a couple of photos of some of the small bucks. They were taken at the Apple Tree behind the house. See attached. Totals: Bob - 3 deer, 3 does.

No comments: