Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sunday, November 1, 2009 a.m.

Sunday, November 1, 2009 a.m., 37 degrees, partly cloudy, wind S-SE 10-15 mph, sunrise 6:50 a.m. (Hunting opens 6:20 a.m). Now being back in Minnesota, and with Taylor not being able to hunt today. I had to give Right Field a try. I am only going to be able to sit until 8:00 a.m., because of Heidi's niece's baptism. Therefore, I decided to try and get in the stand earlier than usual. On my way in, I kick up a deer to the west over towards the dump stand. I was all settled in by 5:45 a.m. I grunted, rattled, and bleated periodically throughout the morning. Finally, at 7:30 a.m., I looked behind me to the NW and saw 4 does n fawns walking to the west about 40 yards to the north of me. They slowly walked over the hill and down towards Pisa. One stayed up on the edge of the hill. At 7:45 a.m., I had to get down. I tried to scare the fawn away, but she would leave. I got down and walked past her at 10 yards, she never spooked at all. She just watched me walk right past her down the hill. It was really cool. Totals: Bob - 4 deer, 4 does and fawns.

No comments: