Friday, November 13, 2009

Wednesday, Novemeber 11, 2009 p.m.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 p.m., 53 degrees, mostly sunny, wind S-SE 15-20 mph, sunset 4:45 p.m. (Hunting closes 5:15 p.m). Well another new adventure. I was able to borrow a climbing stand from my parents neighbor and handy man Mark. I wanted to get up the hill to the north where I have been hearing all of the action. It took me a while to climb up there (those hills are steep) and find a tree to set up in. I had worked up quite a little lather wearing only a short sleeve shirt on my climb up there. It was my first time using a climber, so it was a bit awkward, but I like my set up. I trimmed a few branches before heading on up to my perch. I made sure to put on my safety harness an attach it to the tree so as to avoid any major problems. I was all set and ready for Mr Big to show by 3:25 p.m. Nothing. I climbed down and left the climber attached to the tree so I can give it another try in the morning. Totals: Bob - 0 deer.

No comments: