Friday, November 13, 2009

Thursday, November 12, 2009 a.m.

Thursday, November 12, 2009 a.m., 32 degrees, mostly sunny, wind S-SE 5-10 mph, sunrise 6:52 a.m. (Hunting opens 6:22 a.m). I had to give the climber one more try. I got up this morning at 4:00 a.m., because I knew it was going to take me a while to get in. I brought an extra wick-away t-shirt to change into once I got to the stand. That proved to be a good idea as I climbed up to the top only wearing a t-shirt at carrying the rest of my clothes and I did work up quite a lather. Nevertheless, I was up the tree and all settled in by 5:55 a.m.
At 7:55 a.m., I heard something below me to the SW. I turned and saw a nice shooter buck 8-10 pointer walking across the hillside going to the east. He was about 70 yards below me and just walking slowly. I tried grunting, rattling and even the snort wheeze, but he just kept on going. Very frustrating.
At 8:35 a.m., I was just about to get down when I heard a buck growling up hill to the NE of me. I stayed quiet for 15 minutes then did some light rattling, grunting, bleating, etc., but nothing. That was it Totals: Bob - 1 deer, 1 buck, Lon, 2 deer, 2 does.

No comments: