Friday, November 13, 2009

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 a.m.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 a.m., 27 degrees, mostly sunny, wind NW 2-5 mph, sunrise 6:51 a.m. (Hunting opens 6:21 a.m). One more try. I stayed last night at Romance, and this afternoon my plan is to head to and hunt Copper Creek. It is another beautiful morning and a little bit cooler. Virtually no wind to speak of. I got out early again today with Stubby in tow. I hope that he is able to bring me some luck. I was able to run a scent line from the end of the field to the west, all the way to the stand and beyond. I actually walked up the hill past the camera (I got my picture taken twice) about a 100 yards) in order to lay a trail back to me. Over the past two days, I saw multiple bucks cross up that direction. I was settled in the stand and ready to go by 5:55 a.m. When I got out of the stand last night, I figured out that I had spent 24 of the past 36 hours in a tree. I hope that I will eventually rewarded for my patience.
At 7:30 a.m., I looked back to the west down the trail I walked in on, and there were 4 does on it about 80 yards away. They ended up crossing through the woods going north towards the corn. When they got to the south edge of the field, they turned left and walked west (away from me) along they edge of the corn. I tried to bleat them back, but they all just kept walking away. That was it for me. Lon ended up sitting on the ground near the base of the field and he saw 4 does and 2 small bucks. Totals: Bob - 4 deer, 4 does. Lon - 6 deer, 2 bucks and 4 doe

No comments: