Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thursday, November 19, 2009 p.m.

Thursday, November 19, 2009 p.m., 45 degrees, mostly cloudy, wind W 5 mph, sunset 4:41 p.m. (Hunting closes 5:11 p.m). Well, it is good to be out again. This will be my last bow hunt before the 2nd gun season starts (opens again on Saturday the 21st). I got home early and decided to go out and give the dump ladder stand another try. I laid down a scent trail from down by the bridge with some cotton balls up the hill and across the fence line up to the stand. I was all settled in by 3:30 p.m. I noticed that the corn to the south of me had been picked, so I hope the big 8 will work his way up there for an early dinner. We will see. At 4:40 p.m., I started hearing shots from over on Arlie's. WTF? The gun season is now closed. For the next 25 minutes, I heard single shots fired periodically. A total of 12. They were not all coming from the same place either, so I don't think they were sighting in a gun. I am fairly certain that there is some illegal stuff going on over there. Bastards! Totals: Bob - 0 deer.

No comments: