Sunday, November 15, 2009

Saturday Evening November 14th, 2009

With Bob still in Wisconsin and a buck already slayed, I decided to head out to get some video and see if any big does present me with a shot. I was getting into the stand late and didn't want to be close to Arlies crew so I decided to go to the VAT. I also wanted to check out the camera down there. I sat for about an hour and had a doe being chased by what I would think would be a buck over towards the dump stand. I mainly just saw tails as they were running on the other side of the ridge by the Dump.

After getting down and checking out the camera I found some great pictures. There were a lot of small bucks that made it through the first week along with my Big 8 that I had on video earlier this year. There is also another bigger 8 (first picture). I am pretty sure he is different than the one I have on video. I hope all of these bucks lay low and make it through this year because they would all be great bucks next year!
There is also a doe with a huge growth below her neck. I thought maybe it was Heidi's doe that she shot earlier as there seems to be a dark spot on her neck. Maybe it is pooling blood under the wound. You be the judge! Let us know what you think.

We also got a sweet picture of a coyote running through.

Totals: Taylor 2 deer, 1 for sure doe, maybe 1 buck

Fawnslayer Out!


No comments: