Thursday, November 19, 2009

Friday, November 13, 2009 p.m.

Friday, November 13, 2009 p.m., 50 degrees, mostly cloudy, wind S-SW 15-20 mph, sunset 4:44 p.m. (Hunting closes 5:14 p.m). Well we finally have wheels and the wind is right for my old oak tree stand. I am 200 yards uphill to the south west of Lon's gun fort. I had him drop me off down by Dan's gun stand and I walked up from there. Lon was going to check out the dance floor on the North side of Hwy 171. I put down a scent line, so we will see what happens. I was all setup and ready to go by 1:55 p.m. At 4:40 p.m., I could hear one blowing a warning call down in the valley to the NE of me. She must have been 200 yards away or more. I am not sure how she could smell me. At 4:50 p.m., I could hear one walking down the ridge to the south of me, but I just couldn't seem to see it through all the brush. That was it. Totals: Bob - 0 deer, Lon- 4 deer, 1 buck. Lon shot, but missed. He had a decent buck com through going to the field from the south about 17 yards to the east of him. I think he shot high, over the back. We found the arrow, but there was no blood.

No comments: