Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Tuesday, November 3, 2009 p.m.
















Tuesday, November 3, 2009 p.m., 46 degrees, mostly cloudy, wind S-SE 15-20 mph, sunset 4:58 p.m. (Hunting closes 5:28 p.m). I got on an earlier flight back from Bismarck, so I was able to get in the stand a bit earlier then I thought. With a south wind, Taylor getting here late, and who knows what will be going on over at Arlie's (north), I decided to try my luck in Right field. On my way down the hill behind the house, I kicked up 4 deer towards the bottom of the hill on the south (right) side of the trail. They ran over the hill behind the sugar shack stand and towards the VAT. When I was walking up the hill to the east towards RF, I kicked up another deer that ran to the east. Lots of action thus far. I was settled in the stand by 2:55 p.m. Taylor texted me to tell me that he was on his way in to the VAT at 3:30 p.m. I guess Taylor kicked up one big doe that ran into the rock quarry on his way in to the stand. At 4:00 p.m., Taylor had a doe come down the hill from the north into the food plot. At 4:15 p.m., i looked to my left and into the corn and briefly saw a doe run through from east to west about 30 yards away. The same time, Taylor was texting me he said that he had deer "flying" all over the place. During this time, he saw a small 6 point buck walk up the trail that he walked down on. At 4:25 p.m., I looked down the hill to the west and I saw a doe running down by the wood pile about 50 yards to the east of the dump stand. There was another deer chasing it with its nose to the ground (I am assuming a buck) and then there was another deer behind it. The last deer was definitely a nice buck. A shooter for sure. Totals: Bob - 4 deer, 2 bucks, 2 does, Taylor - 7 deer, 1 buck, 6 does and fawns.










I got some nice pictures. See attached.

No comments: