Saturday, November 7, 2009

Saturday, November 7, 2009 p.m.

Saturday, November 7 2009 p.m., 65 degrees, mostly sunny, wind W-SW 15-20 mph, sunset 4:49 p.m. (Hunting closes 5:19 p.m). After spending more then 2 hours looking for Lon's buck, elected to call off the search. We were able to pick up the trail from where we left off last night. We tracked it over 400 yards last night, and probably 200 more today. It just kept circling and back-tracking on us. It did lied down 4 times and found a good amount of blood, but no deer. I had to have walked 3-4 miles (much of it up/across) the hills looking for blood and a body. Unfortunately, no luck. I hope he will make it 2 more weeks to gun season. This afternoon, it was more of the same. I decided to go back to Black Diamond. We still don't have the Ranger, so my options are limited. I was settled in for the evening sit by 2:20 p.m. Beautiful night. Really too warm for hunting. The night cooled off nicely and the wind died down. Unfortunately, the deer did not respond as there is nothing to report. Totals: Bob - 0 deer.

1 comment:

Aiden's Blog said...

Hang tough my brother something will transpire.