Friday, October 17, 2008

Thursday, October 16, 2008 p.m.

Thursday, October 16, 2008 p.m., 52 degrees, mostly sunny, wind S-SW 5-10 mph, sunset 6:20 p.m. (Hunting closes 6:50 p.m). It was an easy choice tonight. I decided to go back and hunt at Right field. Taylor made it out as well and he went to the Ridgeback stand. As I was walking in, I kicked a deer (I think it was a doe) that was bedded near the top of the hill. I took off and ran to the NE. At 5:30 p.m., Taylor had a big buck come from the SE. He was following three does. The does all came to within 30 yards, but the buck stayed out around 60 yards. He thinks it was the tall 6 pointer. At 5:40 p.m., I had a nubbin come from the east and ended up 5 yards to the north of my stand. He fed north towards center field and eventually disappeared over the hill. That was it. Totals: Bob - 1 nubbin, Taylor - 3 does and 1 buck.

No comments: