Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thursday, October 16, 2008 a.m.

Thursday, October 16, 2008 a.m., 39 degrees, mostly sunny, wind W-SW 1-2 mph, sunrise 7:28 a.m. (Hunting opens 6:58 a.m). After a short nights sleep, I decided to give Right Field another try. Taylor made it out this morning, and he decided to go to the Apple Tree. I kicked up a few deer on the way in, but was settled in by 6:40 a.m. I must say in the future, I need to try to get in the stand a bit earlier. At 7:30 a.m., I looked to the SW and saw some corn stalks moving on the edge of the field. I picked up my binoculars and saw the big 6 pointer on the edge of the field. I was able to shoot some quick video. (See attached). He started to head off to the SW, so I grunted to see if I could turn him around. He did turn and start walking my way, but he turned off and went down the hill towards the food plot. It was fun to see. I must say that I was not to disappointed as I wouldn't have shot him anyways. I think if he can make it one more year, he will be really nice. At 8:15 a.m., I had a coyote sneak in behind me to the NE. I couldn't get turned around fast enough for the shot. Taylor saw a few deer from the Apple tree, but they were all up on my hill and too far away for a shot. Totals: Bob - 1 deer, 1 buck, Taylor a few.

No comments: