Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday, October 25, 2008 a.m.

Friday, October 25, 2008 a.m., 54 degrees, mostly cloudy, overcast, light rain, wind E-SE 2 mph, sunrise 7:39 a.m. (Hunting opens 7:09). This morning , I decided to give the border patrol stand another try. I left the house with my rattling antlers and my buck decoy to see if I could rattle up a big boy. I guess I did. Unfortunately it was Arlie's cows. I couldn't believe what I saw once the sun was up. 12-15 of his cows were in the creek bottom and 3 were actually standing in the food plot. Needless to say, I was livid. I decided to get down at 7:30 a.m., and push his cows out of the creek bottom. I got them back through the hole in the fence and tried to patch it as best as I could. I then called Arlie. I must admit, this time I was not as nice as I have been in the past. I guess what pisses me off most as neither Arlie or Rusty ever apologize. It drives me crazy. I told him to tell Rusty that I will be chainsawing and playing loud music all along my fence line the opening morning of Minnesota's gun season. I guess there is something to be said about the old saying "good fences make good neighbors.". Totals: 0 deer, 12 cows.

No comments: