Saturday, October 18, 2008

Saturday, October 18, 2008 a.m.

Saturday, October 18, 2008 a.m., 32 degrees, mostly sunny, wind 0 mph, sunrise 7:31 a.m. (Hunting opens 7:01 a.m). The wind was nonexistent and I thought I should head back to the Border Patrol stand. Taylor made it out this morning to and he went to the ladder stand. I was settled in by 6:30 a.m., and by 6:45 a.m., all hell broke loose over by the creek stand. I never saw them but heard them walking, scraping, grunting, and mewing. Just need them to come my way. I had thought about going there this morning, but I didn't think I would be able to get in there quietly enough. I was probably right as they more then likely would have spooked. At 7:50 a.m., I had two coyotes 40 yard to the east of me. They moved through too fast for a shot. Damn. At 7:53 a.m., Taylor had a buck come in from the NE. It kind of turned off to the north. At 7:55 a.m., Taylor had a small 6 pointer walk by him. It may have been the same one. Shortly there after he had a doe take off about 30 yards to the north of him. It took off to the north east. At 8:15, I looked over my shoulder and saw what I think was the same 6 pointer walking down the sledding hill. He came right down the trail heading east and walked past me at 10 yards. I am having some trouble attaching the video. I will have to do it later. He then circled around 2 the east of me and went south. Five minutes later, I heard a loud noise and looked to the NE and saw three of Arlie's cows walking through. They got through a hole in his fence. As I was in the stand I called him with my cell phone to tell him. This is getting ridiculous. It pissed me off so bad that after 25 minutes of watching them, I decided to get down. I did kick up a couple on the way out. One was on the sledding hill and one was to the south of me. Totals: Bob - 1 deer, 1 buck. Taylor - 2 deer, maybe 3, could have seen the same buck twice.

No comments: