Thursday, October 16, 2008

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 p.m.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 p.m., 55 degrees, mostly sunny, wind N-NW 15-20 mph, sunset 6:21 p.m. (Hunting closes 6:51 p.m). John Score (aka Johnny C Fkr), Steve and I all got out tonight for the hunt. Steve went to Arlie's Nob, John went to the Ridgeback stand, and I went to Right field. John kicked up 4 does on the way in and Steve kicked up a nice 8 pointer and a doe. At 6:05 p.m., I saw a nubbin buck about 25 yards to the SE of me in the corn. At 6:15 p.m., I saw another doe appear in the same spot. Probably the nubbin's mom. They fed down wind of me for 20 minutes before they took off. They must have smelled something they didn't like. At 6:35, I had another doe (maybe the same one appear to the SE of me). At 7:05 p.m., I had a great 8 pointer come from the north. I would guess that he would have scored in the 130's. He walked directly underneath the center field stand. He then went through the shooting lane to the west, jumped the fence and disappeared into the corn. It was dark, but I decided to pass up the shot. He was probably the biggest body deer I have ever seen. John saw saw a doe and a nubbin. He said that he was able to see a first. He actually saw the nubbin mount its mom. Pretty cool. Steve ended up seeing the same two deer that John saw just at dark. He also saw three Tom turkeys Totals: Bob 4 deer- 3 does and 1 buck, John - 1 doe and 1 nubbin, Steve- 1 doe and 1 nubbin.

No comments: