Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday, October 19, 2008 a.m.

Sunday, October 19, 2008 a.m., 50 degrees, partly sunny, wind S-SW 10-15 mph, sunrise 7:32 a.m. (Hunting opens 7:02 a.m). This morning, I decided to try my luck from Right Field. Taylor made it out this morning as well and he decided to go to Arlie's Nob. At 7:25 a.m., Taylor saw two does that came in behind him to the NE. One of the does bedded about 60 yards away from him. At 8:00 a.m., Taylor had a huge doe sneak in to the NW to about 30 yards and then she sensed something she didn't like and she spooked. When Taylor got down at 9:00 a.m., he walked down toward the NE where he saw the deer. When he came over the top of the ridge, about 8 deer (all does) jumped up and ran to the north. At 8:15 a.m., I decided to get down and sneak over to the Pisa stand. I was getting cold and the wind was just too much. I just didn't think the deer would move in those kind of conditions. I was right...nothing. As I was walking back up the hill to the house, a big doe jumped up that was bedded down to the north of the trail and ran up the hill to the N. Totals: Bob - 0 deer, Taylor - 3 deer, 3 does.

No comments: