Saturday, October 4, 2008

Saturday, October 4, 2008 p.m.

Saturday, October 4, 2008 p.m., 64 degrees, mostly sunny, wind SE 10 mph. I decided to head out to Arlies Knob for the night. I decided to head out early after missing the morning hunt. Got to the stand at 3:50 after not kicking up anything on the way in. At 6:15 I noticed a doe about 75 yards to the North of me. She ended up walking to about 20 yards from me. Being the rookie bow hunter I was tempted to take a shot. She was a big doe and I tried to snap a picture but my phone died just as I tried. After about 10 minutes she took off and I figured if I was going to shoot a doe that I could wait for a shorter shot! The bucks must have followed Bob to Wisconsin this weekend. Hopefully he has had better luck than the Fawnslayer! Totals: 1 deer, 1 doe.

No comments: