Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Monday October 27th, 2008

Monday October 27th, 2008 : PM

After getting out of work a little later I was still able to get in the stand by 4:30. This was an exctiting night for me as Bob and I had just put this stand in Sunday afternoon. I was very excited, yet didn't expect too much because of all the action from us being in there the day before. Bob came up with the name, "The Fish Bowl" because it is in an area that kind of creates a little fish bowl affect. "The Fish Bowl" is located just below "Arlies Nob" along the fence line. It is just to the North of "The Apple Tree" but is in the woods about 40 yards.

On the way in I kicked up a doe that was bedded just below "The Apple Tree". She headed to the north in the middle of the valley. I had a bunch of turkeys just to the north of me that were flying up into the trees. I thought this was pretty neat to watch (Loud though). At about 5:45 I had a doe walk behind me (the stand faces the hill) at the base of the hill. She was just outside of the woods walking the woods line heading towards "The Apple Tree". This could have been the same doe that I had kicked up on my way in to the woods.

That was it for the night but I am excited about this stand as I have seen a lot of action in that area while sitting in "Arlies Nob".

FawnSlayer Out!
Totals Taylor: 1 deer : 1 doe

No comments: