Monday, October 27, 2008

Saturday, October 25, 2008 a.m.


Saturday, October 25, 2008 a.m., 41 degrees, mostly cloudy, overcast, wind S-SW 10 mph, sunrise 7:40 a.m. (Hunting opens 7:10 a.m.). Well the wind was not ideal, but I decided to try my luck at the Ridgeback stand. I believe that Arlie still has some cows loose, so I figured the Nob and the creek bottom would not be a good option. Taylor made it out this morning and he went up to right field. At 7:35 a.m., I saw a small doe sneak through 40 yards behind me heading east towards the creek bottom. At 8:00, I had a doe (maybe the same one) come from the SE to the decoy. At 8:05, I had a doe and two fawns come from the creek bottom. They were probably scared by the six cows that are loose. I called Arlie and told him again that his cows were loose. I told him that if Rusty didn't stop by and apologize, I would be working on fixing the fence on November 8, 2008 at 6:40 a.m. This just happens to be the Minnesota gun deer opener. Later that afternoon, Rusty and his son did stop over. It started as a very heated discussion but ended up okay. They told me that the cows are now put away for the winter and that they should not be bothering me anymore. I recommended that we fix the fence starting next spring so we can avoid a similar situation next year. He agreed and we exchanged phone numbers. Overall, I think it went well. Totals: Bob - 5 deer, 5 does; Taylor - 0 deer.

No comments: