Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 p.m.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 p.m., 41 degrees, overcast and rainy, wind E 12-17 mph, sunset 6:15 p.m. (Hunting closes 6:45 p.m). I had another early start this morning, so I thought I would reward myself with an evening hunt. Unfortunately, it has been the worst weather day we have had all month. I looked at the radar, and it appeared as though we were going to have about a 2-3 hour window without any rain. I figured with the temperature cooling down, it might trigger some pre-rut movement. I was all settled in by 4:30 p.m. at the ladder stand. At 6:05, I looked the left (north) and saw a small 6 pointer feeding about 40 yards away. About 2 minutes later, I noticed he was not alone as the was a really nice 1 1/2 year old 8 pointer with him. Just as they started working closer Rusty, his ATV and the cows started getting closer. Once they got to 100 yards, the bucks got nervous and took off to the east. This is really starting to piss me off. That was it while I was on the stand. As I walked out I kicked 7 deer the were eating beans in my field. Totals: 2 deer, 2 bucks

No comments: