Friday, October 26, 2012

Thursday, October 25, 2012 pm

Thursday, October 25, 2012 pm, Sunset: 6:05 pm, Hunting closes: 6:35 pm. Temperature 42 degrees. Mostly cloudy, some light rain. Wind N-NW.   Today I drove down to Romance, WI to hunt.  I got there at about 1:30 pm.  John Score met me around 1:45.  We waited for the big part of the storm to pass through and then we cleaned up and headed to the stands.  John went to Everest and I went to the new box elder creek bottom stand.  We were both all set up by 2:45 pm.  At 6:00 PM, I had a deer (I think it was a nubbin buck) that was all fired up and kept running all around my stand.  I think his hormones were all out of whack.  At 6:30 pm, I looked to the NW and I could barely see 3 deer (I think all does) sneaking along the far edge of the box elder woods about 75 yards away.  The were heading toward the SW.  That was it for me.  John Score ended up seeing a doe with two fawns, a nubbin buck, and s small busted up 6 pointer.  All were well within bow range.  Totals: Bob - 4 deer, 4 does.  John - 5 deer, 4 does and fawns and 1 buck.

No comments: