Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Monday, October 29, 2012 am, Sunrise: 7:36 am, Hunting opens: 7:06 am. Temperature 22 degrees, mostly sunny. Wind S-SW 0-5 mph.  Again I was out early this morning, arriving at Everest by 6:25 am.  I love getting there early in order to cool down.  It is crazy that you can be wearing a short sleeve shirt on a morning when it is 22 degree and work up a full blown sweating walking into the stand.  Those hills/bluffs are a killer.  At 7:25 am, I had a doe and two fawns come down off the hill from the north and walked 30 yards to the west of me.  Behind them, was a small 7 point buck.  He started chasing them and they wanted nothing to do with him so they took off to the west.  At 9:05 am, I saw a nice shooter buck walking across about 50 yards off the top of the ridge going from east to west.  I  know this much, that I need to get a portable stand higher up on the ridge.  I tried calling and raking the tree so sound like a buck making a rub, but he just kept on moving.  At 11:00 am, I looked down the hill and saw 2 does and 2 fawns down near Octopussy.  I am not sure what scared them (they were upwind of me), but one of the does started blowing and stomping.  They ended up heading back to the east.  I decided to get down at 11:30 pm, and get ready to head back to Minnesota from my hockey game at night.  I will plan on staying in Minnesota until Wednesday and then head back down to Wisconsin.  Totals:  Bob - 7 deer, 5 does and fawns and 2 bucks.

No comments: