Friday, October 5, 2012

Thursday, October 4, 2012 pm

Thursday, October 4, 2012. Sunset: 6:46 pm, Closes: 7:16 pm, Temp: 52 degrees, mostly cloudy, Wind: N-NW 25-30 mph. Tonight was a nice cold evening. It was a bit windier than I would normally like, but the colder air is a refreshing change. I hoped it would get the bucks up and on their feet. Since it was so windy, I thought that I should give the VAT a try. I was all set up by 5:00 pm.  At 5:35 pm, I did some rattling and immediately my little nubbin buddy came running in off the hill from the north. He fed over on the far west of the field and walked up to the west. At 6:30 pm, the wind swirled and 2 deer winded me from the sugar shack food plot. They took off to the east. One was a big deer.  At 6:45 pm, a doe with two nubbin fawns came into the food plot from the west. She was not the one with the broken leg or I would have taken her for sure. She did present a perfect broad side shot at 10 yards but I elected to pass her up. I have hockey tonight and I am heading to Wisconsin tomorrow.   It was going to be more problematic than it was worth. Right at 7:20 pm, when I was ready to get down a doe a fawn entered the field from the west. They both stayed on the far west edge of the food plot. When I was getting down, I spooked all 5 deer from the food plot. Too bad, but I had to get going. Totals: Bob - 8 deer. 6 does and fawns and 2 ?'s.

No comments: