Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Sunday, October 28, 2012 pm. Sunset: 6:01 pm.  Hunting closes: 6:31 pm. Temperature 43 degrees. Mostly sunny. Wind S-SW10-15 mph. I came in and watched the Packer game and went back out right afterwards.  This time I decided to give the north side a rest and went to the Recliner stand.  I was all set up with "Hairy" by 3:45 pm.  On my way into the stand, I did kick up a doe who was right next to the stand.  She ran up the hill to the SE.  At 5:30 pm,  I heard  the unmistakable sound of deer running.  I stood up and got ready.  Then I saw 4 does running down off the hill from south to north about 125 yards to the east of me on the other side of the ditch.  I was expecting to see a buck chasing them, but there was nothing.  At 5:45 pm, I heard a buck grunting to the south east of me.  I tried calling but nothing.  At 6:00 pm, I heard some grunting in the valley to the north of me.  Again, I tried calling, but it did not solicit a response.  At 6:15 pm, I had a doe and a nice shooter buck come off the hill from the south to the north again about 125 yards away on the pother side of the ditch.  He was running at full speed and did not respond to any calling either.  It was too bad, because none of the deer that I saw this evening ever saw "Hairy."  Totals: Bob - 6 deer, 5 does and 1 buck.

No comments: