Monday, October 8, 2012

Saturday, October 6, 2012 am

Saturday, October 6, 2012. Sunrise: 7:11 am, Opener: 6:41 am, Temp: 41 degrees, Mostly Sunny, Wind: N-NW 5-10 mph. This morning I decided that I was going to give Everest a try. After a long sweaty climb, I changed undershirts and was all set up by 6:30 am. It is the opening of the Wisconsin youth season, so I had to wear some blaze orange. At 7:00 am, I heard something downhill to the SW of me. I turned a saw a deer trotting up towards the NW. It was 80+ yards away through the brush, so I am not sure what it was. I guess I should have hunted Octopussy as I would at least have been able to see what it was. At 7:40 am, I had a big doe come up the hill from the south of me. She came right through my shooting lane to about 10 yards. I thought about taking her since she was alone and didn't have any fawns, but I decided to pass her up. She ended up getting up to the SE (down wind) of me and she started to get nervous. She never spooked, but she ended up heading back down the hill to the SE. That was it. Totals: Bob - 2 deer, 1 doe and 1 ? 

No comments: