Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 am

Tuesday, October 16, 2012. Sunrise: 7:30 am, Opener: 7:00 am, Temp: 52 degrees, Mostly cloudy, some rain, Wind: S-SE 20-25 mph.  This morning, I decided to give Right Field another try.  I was all set up by 6:40 am.  The temperature was fairly warm, but the winds were howling.  We even got some rain showers.  At 7:35 am, the turkeys started calling and flying down.  Several were roosted on "Devils Ridge," and I could see them in the tree.  Three hens flew down onto the plateau about 40 yards to the north of me.  At  7:45 am, a single tom crossed on top of the hill to the north of me moving from west to east.  He crossed through the brush about 40 yards away.  At 8:15 am, the rain started coming down pretty hard.  I decided to get down shortly thereafter.  Totals: Bob - 0 deer. 

No comments: