Friday, October 12, 2012

Thursday, October 11, 2012 pm

Thursday, October 11, 2012. Sunset: 6:34 pm, closing: 7:04 pm, Temp: 48 degrees, Partly cloudy, Wind: N-NW 10-15 mph. Tonight, I decided to give the VAT another try. I am pretty excited as I just purchased a new Sony high-definition video camera from Costco. It is even smaller and lighter than my old camera. On my way in I kicked up a doe that ran up toward the dump stand. I was all set up and in position by 4:55 pm. It was a bit later than I had hoped for. It sounds like they may have started to cut the corn up by right field. At 5:35 pm, the nubbin came into the food plot from the west.  He gorged himself on the beats, rape, and oats.  He ended up coming right towards me and circled around the stand to the south. He then crossed the creek and headed back to the SW. I watched him work the hillside for an hour to the south of me. At 6:40 pm, he decided to come back into the food plot where I had first saw him. He ended up working his way into the beans in front of me to the NW.  He sure is a hungry bastard. Totals: Bob - 1 deer, 1 nubbin

No comments: