Monday, October 15, 2012

Friday, October 12, 2012 pm

Friday, October 12, 2012 pm, Sunset: 6:31 pm, Closing 7:01 pm, Temp 51 degrees, Mostly Sunny, Wind: S-SE 10-15 mph.  I decided to try my luck in the new pop up blind.  I was in position by 4:30 pm.  Heidi went to the VAT, but she didn't head in until 5:00 pm.  She said that she kicked up a deer on her way in, but she could not tell what it was.  At 6:50 pm, Heidi looked over her right shoulder and a nice shooter buck was coming into the food plot from the east.  He was close too.  About 8-10 yards from the blind.  She waited for him to pass out in front of her.  When he was quartering away, she thought that she made a good 10-12 yards shot.  The buck took off up the hill to the NW. She could see the arrow and luminock still in him as he ran up the hill. She called me and I came over to help her.  We snuck back out and went up the hill towards the house from the east going west.  Taylor, Theron, Little, Luke, Heidi and I waited up in the house.  After an hour and a half, we went out to start looking.  There was no blood or hair at impact.  We finally started up the hill to look for Heidi's arrow.  About 100 yards up the hill, Heidi found her arrow.  It had good blood, but she only got about 5-6 inches of penetration.  (I think a single lung hit)  We had good blood up the hill and then he ran along the driveway to the west for about 200 yards.  We finally lost blood down towards the end of the driveway.  Of course, it started to rain as well.  The next morning, I did grid patterns in the corn.  I also came back and did some more grids on Sunday.  Nothing.  I sure hope that buck makes it.  I will be checking the cameras to see if we can see any photos up a buck with a scar on his right side.  Stay tuned.  Totals:  Bob - 0 deer, Heidi - 1 deer, 1 buck. 

No comments: