Saturday, October 27, 2012

Friday, October 26, 2012 pm

Friday, October 26, 2012 pm. Sunset: 6:03. Hunting closes: 6:34. Temperature 43 degrees. Mostly sunny. Wind N-NE 10-15 mph. After a nice morning sit at Romance, I decided to give Copper Creek a shot. I had to replace some gold tip screws on the north fort stand before I could get out and hunt tonight. I was still able to get settled in the new ladder stand out on birch point where Dan shot his nice 10 pointer during gun last year. I trimmed a few branches and was all set to go by 3:00 pm.  That was it.  I did hear one while I was walking to the Ranger.  When I got back to Romance I checked the camera.  Evidently, the neighbor had shot a nice buck on Wednesday.  They had been tacking it across birch point and down cherry valley.  We had several picture of the guys looking for the deer on the trail camera.  Lon called them after I got home and they told him that they finally found the buck on Friday morning.  Unfortunately, so did the coyotes.  There was really nothing left of the buck but the horns.  The worst part about it, is he shot "Farley" or his "Majesty."  He was the buck with four brow tines on his left and 12 on his right.  He was a 14 pointer.  What a bummer.  I guess this explains why I didn't see anything last night.  Now, I will have to focus on Romance for a few days.  Buck slayer Out!  Totals: Bob - 0 deer

No comments: