Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Saturday, October 27, 2012 pm

Saturday, October 27, 2012 pm. Sunset: 6:02. Hunting closes: 6:32. Temperature 43 degrees. Mostly sunny. Wind S-SW10-15 mph. I came in to watch the Badger game and watched the first half.  I was back out in the stand by 4:00 pm.  This evening I took "Hairy" and went out to the boxelder tree in the creek bottom.  As I was dragging out a scent line tot he north field edge there were already 2 does making their way tot he field edge.  At 5:00 pm, I had a doe and 2 fawns come in from behind me to the east.  They ended up getting downwind of me and they kind of spooked back to the NE in the brush.  At 5:45 pm, I had a small doe come in from the east and she ended up to the south of me.  She was in the brush and when she saw "Hairy" she froze and began stomping her foot.  She ended up spooking as well back to the east.  At 6:15 pm, I had open doe on the trail to the north of me.  She was 60 yards away and saw "Hairy."  She ended up heading back into the field.  Totals: Bob - 5 deer, 5 does.

No comments: