Friday, October 5, 2012

Friday, October, 5, 2012 pm

Friday, October 5, 2012. Sunset: 6:40 pm, Closes: 7:10 pm, Temp: 51 degrees, partly cloudy, Wind: N-NW 15-20 mph. It is good to be back in Wisconsin. I checked two of the cameras at Romance today (I didn't have the key to unlock the camera at Octopussy) and the batteries were dead. Both had not been working for the last 10 days to 2 weeks. Too bad. Nevertheless, we did get some nice pictures of "Captain Hook." He is a great 8 pointer with super curved brow tines. He has put on a good 20-25" this year and his G3's have to be 13+." He is a great buck that I would love to take. Tonight I decided to give the Sherpa stand a shot. No one has hunted either place all year, so needless to say I was excited to get out. I was in and all set up by 5:00 pm. I did have about 6 hens fly up and roost about 70 yards to the east of me. As far as deer sightings... Nothing. Totals: Bob - 0 deer

No comments: