Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Sunday, October 28, 2012 am, Sunrise: 7:35 am, Hunting opens: 7:05 am. Temperature 23 degrees, mostly sunny. Wind North 5-10 mph.  This morning found me back up at the Sherpa stand.  I was in early this morning and was at the base of the tree by 6:25 am.  It was nice to be able to take off my sweaty shirt, towel off and cool down.  At 8:05 am, I looked back up the hill and saw a nice buck walking the ridge about 150 yards to the north of me heading from east to west.  I tried to grunt and rattle him down, but he wanted nothing to do with me.  At 10:30 am, I looked down the hill and saw 2 does walking along the field edge going from east to west.  I saw them stop and smell my scent trail, but they just continued on to the west and never came up the hill towards me.  At 10:45 am, I had a small 3 point buck come off the hill to the NW of me and head down to the S-SW about 80 yards to the west of me.  That was it.  Totals: Bob - 4 deer, 2 bucks and 2 does.

No comments: