Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Monday, September 27, 2010


Monday, September 27, 2010 pm, Sunset: 7:08 p.m. Hunting closes: 7:38 Temp: 74 degrees but cooled off to 60 degrees, Wind: S-SW 12-18 mph. Mostly sunny. Tonight I am flying solo. Heidi has a meeting that starts on Wednesday that she has to prepare for, and Taylor has "kid" duty. It was a nice night, with a little too much wind, so I decided the Stump would be a good choice. I was all settled in for the evening hunt by 5:00. At 6:28, I looked out one of the blinds, and there was a doe over to the east of the creek stand. At 6:30, I looked over again and now there were 2 bucks fighting over in the same spot. I did get some video of them. I think one was the smaller taller 7 pointer. The other was the mutant spike. At 7:00, the same two bucks and other 4 does came across the creek stand bridge (some jumped across) and fed up towards the apple tree stand. The spike and 7 pointer did both get within 30 yards of the Stump blind. I did get some more video. Too bad Heidi wasn't in the Apple Tree, as I saw the trail camera go off as he went by. (See attached photos) He was with a big doe, so she would have had her choice of which one to shoot. I would have suggested the doe. Oh well. Long season. Totals: Bob - 7 deer, 2 bucks and 5 doe.

No comments: