Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday, Septmber 19, 2010 p.m.

Sunday, September 19, 2010 pm, Sunset: 7:17 a.m. Hunting closes: 7:47 Temp: 63 degrees, Wind: N 3-5mph. Partly sunny. We got out tonight right on schedule. We were all in position by 5:00. I decided to go to the VAT, Heidi went back to the Apple Tree and Taylor went to the new permanent Jolly Roger stand. Taylor bought out my screw gun, some L-brackets, screws, and a small 2 x 10 to make himself a permanent seat. At 6:30, I looked out in front of me to the NE and there was a small 5 pointer eating the recently planted fall foliage. He ended up feeding in the food plot for over 30 minutes. He got as close as 15 yards. I did shoot a lot of video. He ended up exiting the food plot going south about 25 yards to the east of me. About that same time, Taylor heard some deer running behind him up by Right Field. At 6:50, Heidi texted that she had a doe out in the main food plot. About 10 minutes after the buck left, I heard some noise behind me on the other side of the creek. Through the brush, I could see the same 5 pointer, but I also saw 2 other bucks. One was a spike, but I couldn't make out exactly how big the other buck was. It looked like he could have been a shooter. Unfortunately,they never came out to the food plot. At 7:20 a doe and fawn came down the hill to the north of me. They came out and fed down the strip 15 yards away. They ended up over in the Sugar Shack food plot. Right as I was getting down, I had a deer sneak through behind me. It was too dark to see what it was. Totals: Bob - 6 deer, 3 bucks; Heidi - 1 deer, 1 doe; Taylor - 0 deer.

1 comment:

Pagel said...

Great video Bob! Can't wait to get out again! Might have to wait until Saturday morning to get out again though....