Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thursday, September 23, PM Hunt

It has been too long since I have been to the 009, my family and I drove up today from Oklahoma and I decided to brave the elements and hunt this evening. It has been raining since last night and flash flood warnings have been issued, but I headed out anyway.

This evening I tried my luck at the "STUMP", the only dry stand on the property and shortly after settling in I was greeted by a small 3 point, then a small doe, and two other bucks. The bucks decided to hang out for over an hour fighting, eating, chasing each other around. All in all a great evening out even though the weather wasn't wanting to cooperate.

I guess this is a lesson to myself in not letting the weather ever hinder an opportunity.
Totals: Nate 4 deer, 3 bucks, 1 doe


No comments: