Saturday, September 18, 2010

Saturday, September 18, 2010 am

Saturday, September 18, 2010 am, Sunrise: 6:25 a.m. Temp: 46 degrees, Wind: N 7-8 mph. Overcast skies. A few light sprinkles. Opening morning has finally arrived. After a hearty breakfast Heidi, Taylor, and I went hunting. Taylor went to Right Field. Heidi went to the Apple Tree and I went to the ladder stand. I was in position by 6:20 am. A little later then I had hoped. I don't think that I scared anything on the way into the woods this morning, which is nice. Heidi had 3 different does out in the food plot at first light. At 6:35, she stood up and spooked a deer that was behind her back up the hill. At 6:40, I had a small doe come from behind me and she walked almost right under my stand. She walked over to the Lucky Buck and got 3 pictures taken by the trail camera. At 7:55, Heidi saw 2 big deer down in the field to the east of her down near spaghetti junction. About that same time, a doe blew a warning call and ran about 75 yards to the north of me heading west. At 8:00, Taylor texted me and said that he had a doe with two fawns to the north of him over past Center Field. At 8:05 while I was texting him back, I had a small 7 pointer sneak down the trail to the NE of me. He was in front of the trail camera when I finally heard/ saw him. I did have time to pick up my bow and shoot some video. He is now considered legal (4 points on at least one side) but he needs another year or two. He only had about a 6" spread. He walked clear around my stand to the south and ended up heading out to the west. I watched him for 20+ minutes. Very cool. At 8:15, Heidi saw a doe and fawn head up the hill to the SW of her. Too far away. At 8:25, Taylor had a small 7 pointer come out across the field. He got some decent video. At 8:35, Taylor texted that he had another small 7 pointer come back out. He got some video of that too. After looking at it closer, we concluded that it was the same buck. A great start to the season. At 8:55, Taylor saw two more deer out in the field 75 yards away. One was a doe and the other stayed back in the woods and he wasn't sure what it was. Totals: Bob- 3 deer, 2 does, 1 buck; Heidi- 8 does and fawns, Taylor- 6 deer, 1 buck.

No comments: