Monday, September 27, 2010

Sunday, September 26, 2010 p.m.

Sunday, September 26, 2010 pm, Sunset: 7:09 p.m. Hunting closes: 7:39 Temp: 6w degrees, Wind: S-SE 0-5 mph. Mostly sunny. Tonight we decided to have Heidi try the VAT. I went to the ladder stand and Taylor went back up to right field. We were all settled in for the evening hunt by 5:00. At 6:30, Heidi texted me that she had two does in the food plot, but they were too far away. At 6:33, Taylor texted me and said that there were three does on the edge of the field to the west of him over south of the dump. At 6:34, Heidi texted me that she had shot and missed. Too bad. The shot was about 22 yards. She missed high. She said that she got excited and took the shot sitting down. Oh well, a clean miss is not a bad thing. We still have a long season ahead of us.
At 7:05, I had a big doe come down the trail from the x stand. She came to about 20 yards the circled a bit to the north of me a headed west. Totals: Bob - 1 deer, 0 bucks; Taylor - 3 deer, 3 doe; Heidi - 2 deer, 2 does.

No comments: