Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sunday, September 26, 2010




Sunday, September 26, 2010 am, Sunrise: 7:05 a.m. Opener: 6:3ad. Temp: 38 degrees, Wind: 0 mph. Partly sunny. Taylor, Heidi, and I decided to take the night off. After the hunt yesterday morning, Taylor and I did some serious work with the chain saw. We had a few dead trees that had fallen down in the recent storm. We figured it would be best to let the woods settle down for a night This morning, I went to the Point, Heidi went to the Apple Tree, and Taylor went to Right Field. We were all settled in by 6:20. At 7:00, Taylor texted me and said that he had a yellow an d black lab running around the base of his stand after they treed a raccoon. He was pissed, and so am I. I know the feeling of having your hunts ruined. It happened to me a ton back in 2008 by Arlie's cows. At 7:30, Taylor and I could hear a deer blowing a warning call over by the dump stand. Taylor said that he caught a tail of a deer walking over towards Pisa. At 7:45, I looked over my shoulder to the SW and there was a fawn about 30 yards away. It spooked and ran down into the food plot and across the bridge and past the Border Patrol. About the same time, I looked up the hill to the west and saw three HUGE does up the hill. Hey slowly worked their way down the hill towards me. They were all on high alert and one of the does kept blowing a warning call. They all got within 30 yards. I haven't gotten my doe tag yet. Too bad because any of these does would have been good ones to take. They stayed around for about 15 minutes, then they slowly worked their way back up the hill towards the X stand. I only wish they had gone to the north and given Heidi a shot. At 7:30, Taylor texted me and said that he had a doe in the bean field to the south of him. Totals: Bob - 4 deer, 4 does; Taylor- 2 deer, 1 ? And 1 doe; Heidi- 1 deer, 1 doe.


No comments: