Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Sunday, October 30, 2016 pm

Sunday, October 30, 2016 pm. Sunset: 6:02 pm. Hunting closes: 6:32 pm. Temperature: 44 degrees. Mostly cloudy. Wind: E-NE 3-5 mph. We got back from Copper around 2:00. Right as we pulled in the driveway, Gary Samuelson was getting ready to cut our corn. I knew that I needed to get set up while he was cutting. The setup was perfect, I was in the stand by 2:55 pm and I was able to sneak in undetected. I decided to try a scent wick, do I lit it and placed a bucket with holes drilled into it about 10 yards to the east of me. He had everything done, picked and out of here by 4:20 pmAt 5:45 pm, I heard something behind me. It was a small nubbin buck. He stayed back about 40 yards and fed. He never came through and he went back to the west. That was it. Totals: Bob - 1 deer, 1 nubbin buck. 

No comments: