Sunday, November 20, 2016

Saturday, November 19, 2016 am

Saturday, November 19, 2016 pm. Sunrise 7:11 am. Hunting opens: 6:41 am Temperature: 31 degrees. Mostly cloudy. Wind: N-NE 15-20 mph. Don and I went up to Romance. We dropped the Samurai up there yesterday on our way down to Copper Creek. Don went to Everest and I went to Sherpa. At 6:55 there was a shot to the NE. Don had a decent buck run down the hill and die about 30 yards from his stand. The neighbor came down to recover it. I told Don to tell him to drag it down the hill and we will haul it in for him later. At 7:30 am, I had a small spike buck trot in from the SE. He headed up the hill 30 yards away to the NW. At 7:45 am, I had a small doe sneak in behind me at 20 yards moving from east to west. At 8:00 am, the neighbor came by to thank me. He left his buck by Octopussy. I told him we would bring it in for him this afternoon. At 8:20 am, I had a nice buck chasing a doe come off the hill from the NW and head down the hill to the south. It was 100 yards away and in the brush. No shot. At 10:25 am, a big doe came across the hill from the NW above me. She stayed for about 15 minutes and then went back to the NW. At 10:40 am, I heard something behind me down the hill. A nice shooter was cruising across about 100 yards down the hill going from east to west. Through the brush. No shot. We hunted until noon, and then we got down and helped the neighbor drag out his buck and doe with the Samurai. Totals: Bob - 6 deer, 3 bucks and 3 does. Don- 2 bucks and 1 doe 

No comments: