Thursday, November 3, 2016

Wednesday, November 2, 2016. All Day

Wednesday November 2, 2016. Sunrise: 7:48 am. Hunting opens: 7:18 am. Sunset: 5:54 pm. Hunting closes: 6:24 pm. Temperature 53 degrees. Mostly cloudy Wind: W-NW 3-5. I'm back at Copper creek. I decided to head back up to DD. I brought along the pair of Montana decoys and put them uphill of me to the SW. I have the buck facing me and the doe facing to the north. I was all set by 7:00 am. Let's hope for. I rain and some action. At 8:00 am, I had a nice 2 1/2-3 1/2 year old 8-10 pointer come through behind me about 80 yards down hill moving from north to south. I tried grunting and bleating to him, but he just kept on walking and feeding slowly. At 9:50 am, I had a buck chasing a doe up on the hill above me. Grunted to him, but couldn't get him to come down. At 3:30 pm, I had a coyote come through. He was a little too far for a shot. Damn!  That was it. Totals: Bob - 1 deer. 1 buck. 

No comments: